Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Letter from Pastor

Hello to all,
We had a great Bible Study Wednesday night as we began to look at the 23rd Psalm in our "Stressbusters" series.  Attached is the Bible Study guide for this week.  We will meet again on Wednesday at 7:00 at the church.  All are welcome.
- Pastor
PS: below are some of the things we talked about last Wednesday - the amazing blessings we gain when we make the Shepherd our Lord (based on Psalm 23).
Blessings of making Jesus Lord (Wed. Study):  We Receive ...
            - Rest (lie down)
            - Basic needs provided (green pastures/quiet waters)
            - Guidance (He leads me/guides me)
            - Right living (paths of righteousness)
            - Purpose/meaning in life (the opportunity to glorify God - for his name’s sake)
            - Refreshment/renewal (He restores my soul)
            - Peace (no fear of evil)
            - God’s presence (He is with me)
            - Comfort
            - Vindication (He prepares a table for me in the presence of enemies)
            - Honor/welcome (He anoints my head with oil)
            - Joy (my cup overflows)
            - Goodness and love
            - Security (I will dwell in house of Lord forever)

Which of these do you need the most?

-- 

Rev. Peter Nielsen
Evangelical Covenant Church
631-368-1562 (church office)